Job Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer
Description of the Organization
American Leadership Forum-Silicon Valley (ALF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to building a Silicon Valley that is an equitable, resilient and thriving community courageously navigating the biggest challenges of the 21st century. ALF was founded in 1988 to create a regional network of diverse senior-level leaders across private, public and nonprofit sectors. Graduates of the organization’s Fellows programs, called Senior Fellows, now numbering close to 650, form a network that brings together a broad cross-section of leaders committed to building a stronger community, using network leadership skills to identify and deal with complex regional issues, and creating opportunities to work together in ways that make a significant difference to Silicon Valley.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant plays an important role in the organization’s operations and program delivery by providing support to the Chief Executive Officer and managing logistics and communications as related to programs and general organizational activities.
Specific Job Duties Include
- Serves as Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Coordinates Board and committee meetings scheduling, communication, and logistics
- Manages logistics and communication for class sessions
- Manages event logistics
- Maintains Fellow and Senior Fellow contact information in Salesforce, on rosters, etc.
- Manages the maintenance of the office including supplies, storage, kitchen area, and general office organization
- Answers ALF’s general phone line
- Handles ALF mail and general email
- Coordinates mailings
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to schedule multiple meetings with high profile people
- Outstanding communication skills, keeping staff apprised of all scheduling in progress
- Maintain and refine shared scheduling tracking systems
- Comfortable using online tools to post organization gatherings
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent people skills that reflect the following:
- Equal respect for people in all positions, from all backgrounds, and with all perspectives;
- Positive attitude;
- Sense of humor;
- A collaborative nature
- Working knowledge of Office Suite, Outlook and Gmail, office equipment (printers, laptops, phones), databases (experience with Salesforce a plus)
- High school diploma or higher
Competitive salary and benefits.
Interested individuals please send résumé to Andrea Faiss by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by June 7, 2017.